Sunday 19 July 2015

Review: Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Depraved and Make It Right

So much for concise post titles.

I dug up some old pictures of the Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipsticks (left to right: Make Me Magnificent, Depraved and Make It Right) back from when I first got them. Since I reviewed Make Me Magnificent in my previous post, I thought I'd round my tiny collection (I usually just buy all they have in purple when trying a new product, can you tell :) ).



The comparison doesn't truly show the different finishes. Make Me Magnificent is a frost, Depraved is a pure creme and Make It Right has a nearly metallic quality.


Depraved is a blue-based medium purple creme. I LOVE how it was one of the first lipsticks (before every company came out with a liquid-to-matte range) that was like, hell yeah, have som lavender lipstick that also incidentally isn't totally shit.



I have to say wearing Depraved makes me slightly uncomfortable. I still wear it out because I love the idea of bam! in your face (literally) neon purple lips but I prefer it applied sheerly, mixed in with some lipbalm and paired with a silver or a neutral smokey eye.




Make It Right is a very dark metallic eggplant (extremely true to colour of eggplant the vegetable). It has a lot more blue in it than your average dark purple lipstick and glistens with an almost mirror-like, highly reflective finish, It doesn't photograph too well, but it looks even and opaque in person, from a distance at which other people normally would approach you. 



I should note that Make It Right is part of the Atomic Collection (together with Make Me Magnificent and three other vampy colours) while Depraved was released in the Scandalous Collection among other unusual brights.

I'd rate these two lipsticks 7/10. 
I am not fond of the Atomic Lipstick formula (it feels downright plastic and hard to control around the liplines) , but these are true purple lipsticks and this fact alone makes me extremely happy. The staying power is great as well, especially with Make It Right, which has survived a four hour walk in a snowstorm (long story short: the public transport system collapsed) completely untouched.

Which shade do you like better?

1 comment:

  1. A Lipstick Knife is considered as one of the best self defense weapon for women. It looks like a regular lipstick but when you rotate it, a small hidden knife come out of it instead of a lipstick shade. This knife can be extracted and retracted whenever a person desires. A lipstick knife is compact and is easy to carry as well.

    ReplyDelete